Decidi criar um post só sobre perguntas. Daí você lê isso que eu acabei de escrever e se pergunta: "que tipo de pergunta essa doida tá falando?". Todos eles.
Perguntas da entrevista com a agência, perguntas que a host family pode te fazer, perguntas que você pode fazer para a host family, tudo.
Eu dei uma estudadinha para a entrevista com a agência e me ajudou um pouco, então acredito que ter mais ou menos uma base do que perguntar para as host families pode ajudar.
Então, vamos lá!
- Why do you want to be an Au pair in the United States?
- In the days of snow, knowing that you cannot go out with the children, what the activities would will you create for them inside home?
- Choose a typical food from Brazil that you would like to do to your host family. What will be and describe step by step how to make the recipe?
- What would you do if the child does not obey you?
- What activities do you enjoy do with children?
- How do you think will be your routine in the United States? Describe the routine that you believe will do.
- How do you think will be your relationship with the host family?
- Tell me a good memory that you have of your life?
- Tell me about something that made you sad and why this happened?
- Why do you think will be a good Au pair?
- What are the characteristics of a good au pair?
- How do you picture a typical American family
- Where would you like to live? Why?
- What would you do if you were in a park with the kid and they got hurt?
Peguei algumas perguntas em um post da Ellen e outras que eu lembrei. Estudei pelo blog da Ellen e as perguntas foram realmente muito parecidas, acredito que a Au Pair Care deva ter um padrão.
Mais informações sobre a entrevista com a agência eu postei aqui!
Agora vem um assunto mais delicado. Delicado porque nós Au Pairs temos que perguntar mesmo! A família vai nos receber mas continuará na sua zona de conforto, nós vamos mudar de vida e precisamos escolher MUITO BEM onde e com quem vamos morar durante 12 meses.
A maioria das respostas para as perguntas abaixo provavelmente estarão no perfil da família, então não seja desagradável e nem passe uma imagem ruim, LEIA O PERFIL DELES! Leia tudo, pesquise sobre a cidade que eles moram, inclusive.
Dicas que eu peguei por aí e achei que são valiosas:
Dica 1: no começo do contato com a família, pergunte sobre as crianças, demonstre interesse por elas, isso é importantíssimo.
Dica 2: não pergunte de cara se você poderá usar o carro, pergunte como é o transporte público, se é fácil usá-los na região onde a família mora, etc.
As perguntas eu peguei em dois blogs: no Au Pair nos EUA e no Blablabla. Não deixe de perguntar NADA para a família, e quando achou que não tem mais o que falar, pergunte para sua mãe o que mais você poderia questionar. A minha pelo menos iria lembrar umas 5 coisas, certeza!
Enfim, lá vai...
About the children:
- How many children are there?
- What are their names?
- How old are they?
- What do they like to do?
- What are they favorite games and toys?
- Are they in the school? How far is the school?
- How they go to school, by bus? Am I gonna be supposed to take them to school by car?
- Se a criança for bebê: Is she/he walking and talking yet?
- Are they energetic or calm kids?
- What do they like to do in their free time?
- What do they usually eat? (for breakfast and lunch)
- Am I be supposed to make dinner?
- Is there any kind of food that you don’t eat?
- Have the kids suffer from any kind of allergies?
About the Au Pair's duties:
- Will I be responsible for any household duties? If so, which ones?
- What will be my responsibilities with each kid?
- What will my schedule be like?
- When I’ll have free time?
- Will I have access to internet and computer?
- Can I receive and make phone calls in your house?
- Will I have time to study? What time? Can I study when the children are in the school?
- Are there any English Schools near your house?
- What time can I get home during the week and on the weekends?
About the car:
- Will I have permission to use the car? How often? How far?
- Is a state driver’s license required?
- Are there only certain times when I can use the car?
- Can I use the car in my free time?
- Will I have to pay for the gas when I use the car?
About the parents:
- What is your names? How old are you?
- Do they both parents work?
- Where do you work and what do you do?
- Do you some?
- Do you have any religion?
- Why are you interested in getting an au Pair?
- Have you ever had an au pair before? Is she living with you yet?
- Would you mind if I ask you to talk to her or send her an e-mail?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do family members or relatives live nearby?
- What qualities do you find important in an au Pair? What are you expecting from me?
- What are the house’s rules?
- What are the family activities on the weekends?
About their home:
- Where do you live? In whih state?
- Is it a small town?
- Is it near a big city? Which one?
- Is it too cold in the city? Snow there?
- Do you live in house or apartment?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have a housekeeper?
- What about the au pair’s bedroom, what part of the house is the bedroom located?
- Will I have a private room, bathroom? Will I have TV in my room?
- Are there other families with children nearby?
- Are there any other au pairs in the area?
- What things are there to do with the children?
Para a atual Au Pair (caso haja):
- What do you think about the family? And the kids?
- Are they nice with you?
- Do they pay you weekly or per month?
- Do you do extra work? I mean, if you work for other people, take care of their kids or clean the garden from neighborhood?
- Do you do any course? If so, are the courses near from the house?
- How are the kids and the family in your opinion?
- Is there any cool near place to go there?
- What do you most like to do in your free time?
- What do you think they would like to receive as a gift?
- Sorry, I don’t understand. Can you repeat please?
- Can you speak slowly please?
- Remember: the family’s name and the date they would like you to fly to the United States
- Depois que tiver família: Would you like me to take something from Brazil for you? What kind of things? Anything special?
Espero que tenham gostado do post e que ele seja útil em algum momento.